Wednesday, July 28, 2010

SYTYCD - Top 6 (Part II)

So last week we lost no one... which actually stinks more because this week we have to lose two people. Although, maybe they'll make it easy for us and two people will be extra horrible. One can hope!

Anyway, so this week we have:

Kent
Billy (in a sympathy garnering knee wrap)
Robert
Lauren
Jose
AdeChike

And we have a four panel again. Guest Judge Tony Redpath... not sure why we have a fourth judge (unless it's for filler)

It's time to get down to it.

First Up:
Kent doing the cha-cha with Anya. He has become a much better partner. He was all kinds of into Anya... maybe a bit too much - he pulled some faces which the judges are totally gonna get him for. (and they did) - but it was an improvement "technically" from the first cha-cha he did.

Next:
Robert doing contemporary with Kathryn. How many times is he going to get his own style... or not even his own style, but an over the top emotional manipulation routine? I'm done. He's not a good partner. He's awkward and clumsy with transitions. I can't believe it's Kathryn making it clumsy because she didn't in her own season. The only part of that routine that I liked was that it was Kathryn serving our country and not Robert. PS - Judges smoking crack in my opinion. No one is jumping on the Robert Train people, let it go.

Solo 1:
Jose - eh

Now:
AdeChike doing Jazz with Courtney. (Will it be Tyce or Keith?) How about neither... how bout, a big hot no for me. That was just boring... Jazz shouldn't bore you, should it? It was a bunch of steps for me. Not my cup of tea.

Solo 2:
Lauren - LOVED. Joy and talent look just like that when combined.

Next:
Jose doing Hip-Hop with Comfort... (Once again, I'm feeling the judges are stacking the deck here somehow.) So... If the camera didn't do close ups on Jose, I would not have looked away from comfort that whole time. I would have rather seen this with Comfort and Twitch. I really liked the choreography - it was really unique. (Nigel called out the fact that Jose was missing from Thursday routines - an "unannounced injury" sounds suspicious to me.)

Solo 3:
Billy - I wasn't sure how I felt about that. It was a little strange and not in the way I like him to be strange.

Solo 4:
Kent - We can just call it a Lauren Kent top 2 and skip right to it, can't we?

Next Up:
Lauren doing Broadway with Allison (YAY!) by Tyce or Keith? Okay, so Cute outfits... and they lost steam almost 3/4 of the way through - but I will say that if anyone can tear my eyes of Allison, Lauren did it. (Although I will also say - Allison finishes her movements more - and that would be something that Lauren could take away from this)

Solo 5:
Robert... and I fast forwarded through it and I'm not going to go back to watch it either.

Next:
Billy doing Contemporary with Ade okay, so now everyone in the bottom 3 has gotten to dance their own style (or close to it in the case of Jose). So... other than the fact that I feel like someone is trying to stack the decks... I really loved that. It was a great reminder that Billy is a brilliant technician of his own style. It was beautiful (I liked the choreography, the music, the chemistry).

Solo 6:
AdeChike - When he's not grinning like Carleton - I adore his movement. His body is sick and he moves it with such strength and control.

Next Up:
Kent and Jose doing Broadway by Spencer Liff (I like him!). I got a very Gene Kelly vibe from Kent during this. The turns with shoulder shrugs... so Singing in the Rain for me. I really enjoy this type of "Broadway" choreography. I don't think I've ever seen a Spencer Liff routine I haven't liked. He did such a wonderful job fitting his dancers. Kent was perfect - his face was great (for the character). Jose tried to keep up, and in some parts he did.

Now:
Lauren and AdeChike doing a fox trot... eh... Costume didn't do it for me and there was no real "chemistry" - but the steps seemed to all be there. AdeChike was a little to "up" in his movements... not dirty enough for me.

And we End with:
Billy and Robert doing Bollywood... okay, again, this seems like they're trying to ramp it up for Robert and Billy here because they get the final slot (even though the tape package for Lauren and AdeChike clearly only made sense if they were supposed to be the last slot because they made it sound like we already knew Robert and Billy were partners.) Billy is too skinny in his arms for this style - he just doesn't look grounded or centered or strong. I have to admit, in that routine Robert was better... Not that I really cared for it all that much.

And you know what - I have no idea who's going home because of all the judge/producer manipulation with everything tonight. I am glad Billy didn't go home last week simply because of the routine with Ade tonight. As far as my feelings go - my bottom 3 are:
Jose, Robert, AdeChike
Jose or Robert should go home.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment