Tuesday, November 3, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 18

Ok - so...
M: I am so over the tapping.
R: Yeah.
M: Also - really don't like the new set.
R: It's too big and impersonal.
M: I miss the stairs.
R: I hadn't even noticed there weren't stairs, but there should be stairs.
M: It gave it an american bandstand solid gold feel.
R: Yes.
M: If they point out that Paula is STILL not in the chair...
R: Yes. I'm a scream like Mary Murphy.
M: And they've done it.
R: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
M: Nice punniness by The Shankman, though.

Good news! Billy Bell (love) and Brandon can join the competition next year! That's nice of the network to allow. Though I honestly can't think of a reason why they wouldn't. In other news, Noelle is back. Whee.

M: Did you hear crickets?
R: Yes, yes I did.

Up first Russell and Noelle with a hip-hop routine choreographed by Jamal Sims

M: I find this routine incongruous.
R: Ridiculous!
M: It's horrible!
R: He's good but I am distracted by her badness. And her hair. It's too feathery.
M: bad use of props.
R: This makes the chain routine from last year seem even more spectacular because they used the props so well.
M: Indeed.
R: F'in A. High School Musical anyone?
M: Go Wildcats!
(Tonight the judges are on crack, and since they get to decide, we're not going to relay what they think cuz... duh with results on them)

Next Up:
Jakob and Ashleigh with a Vietnamese waltz with El Capitan Lapatin!
M: could they put her hair up for the love of sweet baby Jesus?!?!?
R: oh look it's up.
M: in the ugliest bun I've ever seen!
R: I always love a good Vietnamese Waltz
M: Could you imagine if this was the first dance at an actual wedding?!?!
R: Awesome!
M: Nice lift.
R: Yes.
M: Good use of the background.
R: Yes. I did like it much better.
M: Hilary Swank moment!

Next Up:
Bianca and Victor dancing a routine by Tyce (or will it be Keith?)
R: Her neck is still stiff or her shoulders are tensed up.
M: You're right!!! Not sure though if this is a Tyce piece or not. I don't know what to say about that.
R: Yeah... I don't know. I didn't hate it... but... eh.
M: There was no reckless abandon - which was the point.
R: They were too restrained.

Next Up:
Mollee and Nathan doing bollywood with that guy who does the bollywood stuff.
R: I love her feet.
M: She's really cute in this.
R: So is he.
M: She's really punctuated.
R: Even her face at the end... really good.
M: And she didn't look 14!
R: And - GOOD USE OF PROP!!!!
M: Word!
R: To your mother.
M: Indeed.
R: F'n A!

Next Up:
Channing and Mr. Bojangles doing a Samba from Capitan Lapatin!
R: Isolation, Syncopation, Emancipation Proclamation.
M: Good Hips.
R: Awkward lift.
M: I think he's better than her on this one.
R: I think they're both equally horrible.
M: Another awkward lift, and the good hips are gone.
R: Yeah, bad.
M: I believe that Mary is wearing bedazzled damask... which goes too far.
R: Stop making me snort!
M: Wha happen!?!?!
R: I knew that was coming....evil!

Next up:
Karen and Kevin doing hip hop by NappyTabs.
M: You know what I like about Tabitha that she's not classically pretty, but she's so confident she's more pretty than if she were a classic beauty.
R: She's got the attitude.
M: And the ability to get away with that outfit. WOW!
R: She could be just a bit more fluid.
M: Her movements could be a bit bigger. Everything is a bit too close to the body so you don't get the full curve into the next movement.

Next Up:
Kathryn (Squeaker Squeak) and Legacy doing lyrical? by Tookey.
So... we were speechless and typed nothing. 2nd time:
M: Damn he's hot.
R: Yeah, I'm getting the Legacy Love.
M: Word.
R: I really thought I was going to hate her (squeaker), but this is week 2 and she is really just awesome! I think she's my favorite girl.
M: He might be my favorite guy and I thought he was going to suck at this style but He was the Shiz.
R: That was awesome. As good as a Mia routine.
M: I concur with my esteemed colleague on the left of the couch.

Next Up:
Pauline and Peter doing a Wade Robeson routine.
M: Not saying he sucks, but she's extra awesome - her face is great.
R: I love the picture and I love Wade
M: I like this routine - I liked that a LOT!
R: Me too.
M: The judges are on crack - except Nigel this week.

Last but not least:
Ryan and Eleanore doing an Argentine tango... fun.
M: She's got great Tango hair.
R: Nice drop.
M: Those lifts aren't awkward - about time!
R: Yes, that was good. Way to dance with the skirt in the heel.
M: When did Adam become pervy and hetero?
R: I know, but he's right - it was great.

Ok so bottom 4:
Noelle
Bianca
Mr. Bojangles
Victor

R: I would like to see Noelle and Mr. Bojangles go.
M: Word.
R: Except for Noelle's solo is pretty freakin AWESOME!
M: That's what you call dancing for your life yo!
R: Word.
M: Do More Victor.
R: Yeah, that was bad.
M: She is the weakest of the 3 tappers in regular dancing.
R: And I didn't like her solo at all.
M: here's Mr. Bojangles.
R: Sorry, my hubby just did a butt shake walking away that was sooooo cute and I got distracted.
M: Yeah...

Ok - so both the tappys (not the nappy tabs) got to leave. Only one left. This is a good thing. There can be only one anyhow. Highlander tap dance rules. In good news, the elimination doesn't end with a beheading in these rules. Toodles Bojangles and Biancar!

As for the rest of you, we'll see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment