Tuesday, November 17, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 14

So... I'm on my own tonight. After last week's dismal top 16 routine that I finally watched (and did not feel like re-hashing) I am hoping this week will be somewhat entertaining.

Here we go!

But first we have a commercial with Karen from W&G singing turn the tub around to the tune of turn the beat around... really?!?!? ok... fast forward the commercials from now on...

Ashleigh and Jakob with a NappyTabs hip hop routine...
I would have liked that routine better with Chelsea and Mark...(bleeding love anyone?!)

Next is Kevin and Karen doing a Broadway routine by Spencer Liff (who?)
I would have liked to see that with Evan and Randi...

Next up is Noelle and Russell doing a fox trot by someone...
Good lift and she's got good legs... but I would have rather seen it by Travis and Martha

Next up Channing and Victor doing a jazz routine by Tyce - or is it Keith?
so... I saw steps, not dancing. I would have preferred seeing that danced by Hok and Jamie...

Next we have Legacy and Squeaker Squeak (Katheryn) doing a Passo Doble.
That was actually pretty darn good. Great intensity and chemistry. Little difficulty at the end but at least I wasn't imagining the dance being done by a different pair.

Next up Ellenore and Ryan doing a contemporary routine by Travis! (I love Travis)
Love the routine... that first look when they passed each other was my favorite part from Ryan - because it was a "real" look - still, I would really love to have seen it with Jeanine and Jason or Kupono and Kayla or Ade and Melissa or Lacey and Kameron. But again, the choreography was beautiful, and the little details and the musicality of it were great.

Last but not least are Mollee and Nathan doing a pop jazz routine by Laurieann (who I have not been a fan of seasons past...)
ok... soooooooo.... I actually didn't hate it, but... I would have preferred to see it with Courtney and Mark (Like with the Sonya routine)

My pick for the bottom 3:
Karen and Kevin
Noelle & Russell
Channing & Victor

I wonder if everyone else has been watching this season's choreography and thinking about how much better it would be with dancers past...

No comments:

Post a Comment