Tuesday, December 8, 2009

SYTYCD - Top 8

(Maggie had to tell me this was the Top 8, not the Top 6... I knew that next week is the finale - which has always been the top 4 till now - but apparently for whatever reason, we're going next week from 6 to 1. I believe it's because there isn't enough talent for the top 4 to warrant a 2 hour finale show on their own... Maggie thinks it's because they wanted to wrap it up before Christmas week. What are your thoughts?)

Okay, so let's begin!

Top 8:
Ryan
Ellenore
Jakob
Kathryn
Russell
Mollee
Legacy

Wait... where is Ashleigh?

Oh no! She popped her shoulder out and the stupid doctor won't clear to dance.

Squeaker Squeak and Ryan:
R: not disco!
M: It's not the disco - it's Doriana Sanchez.
R: Nice pants
M: I think Michael's is out of spangles.
R: Who bedazzled them? That must have taken FOREVER.
M: How many tiny Chinese children did they use? That requires tiny foreign fingers.
R: Way to go with the alliteration.

Next up: Gal pals Mollee and Jakob
R: And we have a waltz... that'll be fun.
M: I like her styling in this - she reminds me of Molly - you know, Molly-Molly.
R: Ah, Mary Molly Keeley Cheeley Hicks!
M: Indeed
R: F'n A. So I'm just so underwhelmed.
M: She's just so stiff. I wish she'd grab his butt.
R: no thanks.
M: Judges are on crack tonight. That just wasn't very good.

Ashleigh is 1-888- Tempo 01
That's 1-888-83676-01


Ellenore and Legacy:
R & M (IN UNISON!): Yay TRAVIS!!!!
R: So, war of the roses fighting couple?
M: Yeah. I like her leg bend.
R: I am distracted by that thing on her leg!
M: It would be cool if she had a knife or a gun in it but it seems kind of random all on it's own. Crunch! (sorry, eating chips and salsa in your ear)
R: Oh! oh oh oh oh oh! Mr. & Mrs. Smith!
M: Ohhhhhhyeah. I see it now.
R: okay, so I'm gonna watch it back, because I am distracted by the sexy and the leg thing and the...
M: Creepy.
R: yes. - so second time around, liked it better. Enjoyed the jump over/under table and the headstand into a sexual position on top of the table.
M: Wait, I thought this was a family show!
R: well... it is America.
M: True.
R: You know when I see Travis, I think of beautiful, poignant, angsty choreography... not sex and death.
M: It was very "He had it coming" Or Sonya and Mandy Moore had a love child. It just wasn't Travis.
R: Nigel I would like to give you props for Danger - you old English coot.


Jakob solo -
M: His shorts make me crazy and his top makes him look like he's got boobs!
R: His legs are sick though!
M: Yes, but his clothes are distracting.
R: Yes.

Next Up: Russel and Ashleigh
R: Did you notice that this is twice he's lost a partner to injury.
M: Yeah, he's bad luck. Wait, with Ashleigh out, is Shane going to step in?
R: I would love to see that.
M: No, we have Rachel - his assistant.
R: But she's not that good. Are we sure she's not his Ass-istant?
M: sooooo wrong.
R: what?
M: Moving on... Russell was pretty awesome.
R: He was. He hits SO HARD!
M: I wish I could have seen Ashleigh do this.
R: me too!

Mollee Solo:
M: It was Mollee being Mollee - so cute but eh.

Kathryn and Ryan:
R: Hot outfit.
M: For both of them.
R: The fringe is helping her butt.
M: I think she might go this week.
R: Her and Ryan both.
M: This doesn't seem like a cha cha.
R: Oh!
M: Neat ending.
R: They're all standing?
M: I don't get it. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't awesome.

Legacy Solo:
R: So that was gimmiky. I preferred last weeks solo soooooooo much more.
M: That wasn't that great Cheekbones McGee.

Ellenore Solo:
R: Is she saving her energy for something else?
M: Yeah, I like the song, but all the solo's for me are just eh tonight.

Russell 's Solo:
M: Russell the love muscle - lost his shoe... I don't think it was on purpose.
R: Eh.

Mollee and Jakob doing Broadway:
M: It's Joey the Mean Choreographer!
R: Yeah, don't like her. But let's see how this works out.
M: Great I'm gonna have that song in my head for three days!
R: So, I think she's a little stiff.
M: No. He's Gumby. See the back of that vest, that's not fabric, that's his skin showing through.
R: whatever. I would have preferred to see Squeaker Squeak do this one.
M: Yeah, I think it wasn't Squeaker Squeaks week for choreographers.
R: *Sigh*
M: Indeed.
R: F'n A. So, overall?
M: Wasn't bad. Wasn't amazing.
R: yeah.
M: Gumby was good, but pokey never gets to shine...
R: Moving on.

Kathryn Solo:
R: So that's the first solo I've liked all night.
M: I concur.

Legacy and Ellenore with Nappy-Tabs routine.
R: I didn't get it at all. It was ok. Not the best.
M: I liked the part with the masks the best.
R: I did as well.
M: I think Ellenore was misfiring - maybe a timing issue.
R: Yeah, the costumes for me were very sort of.
M: Meh.
R: Exactly. Thankfully they have that other number which even if people didn't like it, was at least memorable.
M: It showcased their goodies.

Ryan's Solo:
R: Gay strip club, here I come!
M: Very salsa cheerleader...

Next Up Russell:
M: I would have really liked to seen Ashleigh do that.
R: Yeah, me too. I think she would have been really good at that.
M: It makes me mad every time I think about it. I'm going to have to vote for her.
R: I do agree with Nigel that my eyes stayed on Russell instead of the professional woman dancing with him.

Vote:
M: I think it might be Legacy and Squeaker Squeak going home.
R: I think it's going to be Ryan and Squeaker Squeak (or Mollee) going home.
M: I would be okay if Ryan went home.
R: I would hate to see Ashleigh go home.
M: There's always a chance though since she didn't dance.
R: I know - so I'm gonna go vote for her.
M: Me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment